Municipality of Gornji Vakuf-Uskoplje is located in the central part of the south-western Bosnia and Herzegovina in the upper region of the river Vrbas and its position creates the possibility to connect and to be in the proximity of other major cities.
Also as a great advantage of the municipality is the fact that this area is a transit area for the major transportation between the regions of Dalmatia and Central Bosnia.
Strategic strength is a high percentage of student’s attendance, and we’re the fifth municipality out of the 12 municipalities in the canton with the percentage of students in the total population of 1.70%. Gornji Vakuf-Uskoplje has a long industrial tradition which makes this municipality as an attractive location for investments, for local and foreign investors.
The main road M16.2 passes through the municipality region, with this the municipality is connected with significant road route Zagreb – Banja Luka – Mostar – Dubrovnik. Construction of the regional road R-439 is almost to be finished, which will enable Gornji Vakuf – Uskoplje to be associated with municipality of Novi Travnik and the central part of the Central Bosnia Canton. There are still 12 km to the finish and categorized (highway).
Gornji Vakuf-Uskoplje has invested huge funds in the reconstruction (asphalt) of local and non-categorized roads and city streets.
Distance from the municipal center to the individual locations on the M 16.2 is:
- Bugojno – 18 km
- Sarajevo – 156 km
- Croatia – 310 km
- Donji Vakuf – 30 km
- Zenica – 106 km
- Hungary – 574 km
- Banja Luka – 140 km
- Mostar – 102 km
- Montenegro – 338 km
- Utilities are already connected;
- Street lightning
- PTT and electric power network
There are around 7000 m² for cars and trucks in the center of the zone, Industrial road 14,00 m wide connected between the zone and the town, and the ability to set up additional power transformers.
Zone offer to investors:
- Operate industrial line for at least 10 years.
- Employ 5 Bosnian for each 1000 m²; any industry.
- Employ 10 Bosnian for each 1000 m²; textile or leather processing industry.
- Starting business operation within 1 year from the day the land allocated.
- Obtain industrial construction land in Gorji-vacuf municipality.
- Exempt from all municipal fees and stamp duties.
- Exempt from payment of all municipal fees.
- Exempt from all stamp duty payments.
- Administrate decision within 5 days for building approvals.